Reflections on Poetry

  


 Poetry, beautiful poetry! I have been enjoying reading and writing poetry for a long time now. I  did not keep my first collection of poetry, unfortunately. I wish I had them just to read over, so I could get a feel for what I was feeling at the time. For me, poetry is about feeling the energy of the moment. Being present.
     I like the honesty of bold poetry, the realness it holds. It captures you and resonates with you in its simplicity. Then again, the meaning of each poem can be, and rightly so, interpreted differently be each individual that reads it. I like that personalization, too.
     I am still looking for a home for my second book of poetry, Echoes of Moonlight.
I am hopeful. I am determined. My dream is alive, however stressed and tested!
     I have some new poetry for you today. I hope you enjoy. Thank you so much for sharing my writing!







Garden

It was in the garden
surrounded by an early mist
that I  first felt a sense of mystery,
of awe at nature's raw
overwhelming beauty;
the essence of eternity breathed through the plants
through red and white and green;
I was silenced by the moment of love
permeating the chilly dawn.
Wisdom had greeted me that morning.


Words

Do the words come because of the tears,
or do the tears come because of the words?
I sit alone in silence attempting to write
yet I pause, feeling frozen, in suspension.
Every moment has led to this moment
and my vision leads me now
to uncharted waters.
Nothing left but to choose my words
and my vision, carefully.
We create , I create, with the speaking
and writing
of words.








Life is beautiful. Savor it. Today.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solitude and Wisdom: poetry for now and always

Inspired Words : A Poem of Divine Assistance

Beginning a new year!