Poetry in Motion

Today I am focusing on poetry. Why do I love it? Perhaps it is the play on words, the expressive nuances and double meanings. The ability to evoke emotion, speak of universal experiences in either a funny, serious or reverent way. The mood, the tone, the choice to be brief or expound at length. 
Poems have always spoken to the reflective, inner seeker in me that ponders deep questions.
Whatever we write, our words are an expression of our heart and mind , reveals the stirring with our imagination and focus of our heart. 
It is with this being said I will leave you with a few poems. 

My Dream

My dream is coming true 
to express my heart with words on the page; 
soaring high on the wings of my destiny 
I fly into the 
abyss of joy.


Rest

Rest with me 
let me into your troubled questions
I will dry your tears
I will fortify your soul;
Rest with me 
welcome me into your life 
and the sun will shine again 
upon you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solitude and Wisdom: poetry for now and always

Inspired Words : A Poem of Divine Assistance

Beginning a new year!