Toward the sky; A poem of vision and dreams





Hi!
Thanks for spending a moment and sharing my writing with me.
I have been doing a little writing, a little submitting, wanting to do more reading.
It had been a very long month for me, and I am glad to see things looking up!
I wrote the following poem when I was thinking about the dream I have for my life,
how it has changed in recent years, and how far I have to go. I  have to tell myself,
look at how far you have come!

Let's remember to keep our dream within our vision. Our heart has eyes to see with too,  you know.











Toward the sky


I turn my life toward seeing
sunrise after sunrise dawn upon my dream.
I lift my heart,
offering up my dream
I raise my hands,
then lower them quickly.
I am empty,
waiting to be filled.
I send my hope and prayers toward the sky
and wait.
Setting my heart upon the rising of the sun
I wait.
Releasing my control, my desire,
letting the wind lift it and carry it away,
I receive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solitude and Wisdom: poetry for now and always

Inspired Words : A Poem of Divine Assistance

Beginning a new year!