Creating and recreating with words: Reflecting on Writing Purpose and Joy








Hi! Thanks for being here today. In thinking about poetry and looking over what I have written so far, in addition to what I have been reading, I realized something. I have been creating and also recreating, I have been giving voice to my ideas and dreams, through the act of writing. I have expressed a vision as well as hope and faith. The life I desire for myself and others comes to fruition after it begins as a thought, held and nourished by the mind and heart. The words I long to write, need to write, do not come if I am not in that sacred place of unity within myself. Periods have gone by lately where I have no words to write because I am feeling an emotion that leaves me dry, uninspired, stuck. I long for that feeling of inspiration to come back but it cannot be forced. So imagine my thankfulness when a poem begins to form in my mind, slowly, gently. Not in a burst, a flash, like in the past, but rather like the slow rising of the sun that spreads it warmth and seeps into your bones. I let what I have written rest, knowing I will come back to it and continue.





The hardest thing about this year has been finding the right balance between working in my field again and my writing. My writing has opened up a new world for me and I enjoy it so much. I love the idea of sharing my enthusiasm, ideas and knowings with others. Nothing fulfills in the same way. So, in summary, I am feeling grateful to be able to write. I am grateful for every instance my words touch someone else. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

May you be blessed today!







Sincerely,

Kimberly DuBoise

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solitude and Wisdom: poetry for now and always

Inspired Words : A Poem of Divine Assistance

Beginning a new year!