Travel and Inspiration: A journey of the Self






Hi! Today's poem is inspired by travel. Specifically, how traveling can awaken within us an awareness of connectedness, an appreciation of diversity, a broadening of perspective. These gifts do not automatically come with the purchase of an excursion or walk on the beach, but with an openness and willingness to be impacted by all that is new and comes your way. So, in that sense, every day can be a journey to some new place- not just physically, but emotionally, spiritually, mentally.
So here's to our beautiful journey. May it be full of beautiful sights!











Distant Shores

I long to travel to distant shores
where the exotic becomes familiar
and who I am becomes discovered;
this exploration and uncovering
starts by leaving one shore and
going in search of another.
My footfalls lead me toward
a new horizon,
lead  me home again.
I am home again only
for a while
then
I am filled with longing
to travel once again
to distant shores. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solitude and Wisdom: poetry for now and always

Inspired Words : A Poem of Divine Assistance

Beginning a new year!