A woman's faith and more





Greetings!

I am finally doing a brief commentary on my newest book,  A Woman's Faith.
It is a special book to me for many reasons..one being the topic of faith is so important to me, and two, it speaks of my whole purpose for writing, which is to inspire and motivate and help others  even if just a little bit. It is my soul's deepest wish to bring comfort, insight and peace through my words.
went through a great time of it in the beginning. I love to self-reflect and kept my pace as I was writing. For a while. Then real life set in. Issues in my work, my marriage, even my health, all fell upon me in what seemed like a one-time explosive bomb.  Struggling to do the everyday was so difficult, and usually writing helps me with that. But I couldn't find the positivity I needed, the inspiration. I felt almost dead inside. Isn't that crazy? To be in the midst of writing a book on something so meaningful and inspiring then have your 'mojo' leave you?
I tried to draw sustenance from what I had already written and yet the only thing I could do was hold on to the meaning of what I had already written. Draw strength from books, other writers. Keep going.
Eventually I started writing again, adding poetry to my book. This was a healing act and creative act as well. I love poetry and was glad to include some in my book. They are my soul's expressions,  my poems. I hope when people read them they can feel that. For me my writing is a way to encourage, motivate and inspire and in the process of writing I am changed. I receive what I am trying to give and put on the page. Perhaps it is that openness that I want to have, need to have, that enables me to receive as well as give.
In my book I examine the personalization of faith and its meaning for our life. We see our lives from the lens of our values and beliefs. Taking time to clarify and strengthen our innermost thoughts and beliefs brings alignment in our lives.  I am writing another book and yet this book remains to me like a reliable, wise friend. Always there and a source of strength and comfort.
Are there any books that have done that for you?  Given you some insight or boost of encouragement just when you needed it? There have been for me. Plenty of them. It is my hope that this book, my book, may do that for someone else. Especially you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solitude and Wisdom: poetry for now and always

Inspired Words : A Poem of Divine Assistance

Beginning a new year!