What lies within : Poetry of reflection and heart



Hello!

Thank you so very much for stopping by. I have just one poem today for my post, but it is a poem that reflects my mood lately. I have been thinking about family, about legacy, about love.
In this reflection I have also reflected upon spiritual themes and concepts. Things that give me hope, comfort, understanding and peace.
I have been remembering the feeling of things more than specific events. Does that make sense?
It's not just because the holidays are coming up. I have just had time to reflect lately. Writing my story has prompted that, as well as some quiet time in between substitute teaching jobs.
The past few weeks have been busier on the inside than on the outside!!
Anyway, I have one poem to share and I hope you enjoy.




 Within

I carry within myself
the memory of You-
all my senses rise
when the thought of you stirs my mind awake;
part of you I carry within my heart's desire
and as I go toward it
you are with me
within me as enthusiasm
peace, vision
even joy.
Early morning in the sunrise
I see your promise, your love
carry on
 

Comments

  1. This is beautiful. Just what I needed after a busy Wednesday! Love, Puja

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly what I needed to read today. Thank you. -Shann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome. I am so happy. Thank you, too! Stay inspired...

      Delete
  3. This was beautiful Kim! My mother passed away on Christmas Eve in 2004. I can't believe she will be gone 11 years this December. Your poem captured my thoughts of her. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my. First. let me apologize for the delay in responding. I am not sure how time got away from me except work hours getting me worn out! I am truly moved by your words and touched that you felt what I was writing about, although in this case it was my dad. 1993. Wow. Time is strange isn't it? I am so thankful my heartfelt words can reach someone. Thank you for your message and I will be thinking of you at Christmas...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Solitude and Wisdom: poetry for now and always

Inspired Words : A Poem of Divine Assistance

Beginning a new year!