Trials on the journey



















Sometimes we go through things in life that seem unfair. Things can get so hard to deal with sometimes!
 Part of the journey of life is learning to transcend what we perceive to be our limitations  and/or circumstances. Our understanding progresses as we consider what is within our control, how to deal with what we can't. Our values and beliefs may shift as a result. This is my experience, anyway, and maybe yours, too.
What I know is that while I have let go of some ideas, beliefs and perceptions that I can see are not life-affirming, I have adopted new ones that further my goal of  living more inspired and at peace.
This involves positive affirmations and much reading of inspirational texts, followed by meditation and prayer.
I must note that this effort has not come without testing. Lucky my resolve to really change is strong- of course maybe this brings harder tests!
I would leave you with a poem I wrote and a quote. I hope you feel that whatever you are going through , you are never ever alone.  Be at peace and encouraged, for everything is as it should be.
Blessings!


It is not the victory that makes the joy of noble hearts, but the combat- Montalembert






Night




The night is quiet
I should be asleep,
but my soul is awake
to the sound of the deep;
leaving the familiar heart-space
of feeling restless and alone
I watched awareness creep
into my heart;
the darkness has lost its power over me!
In my mind's eye I start to see
truth and love dwell in  prefect harmony
as dawn brings the first shining rays of light
and signals the fading of the night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solitude and Wisdom: poetry for now and always

Inspired Words : A Poem of Divine Assistance

Beginning a new year!