The Tiny Poet... that's me.










Hi! Thank you for being here. Welcome!
I will start with a question.


Why am I the tiny poet?
Because I am tiny. 4"6' to be exact.
     Being my size has presented me with all kinds of  challenges to overcome. Most of them mental, to be sure. Physically, I will always have to adapt. You don't want to see me climbing around in my kitchen to get the pasta on the top shelf-- scary!
     I started writing when I was young, and I started with poetry. I love poetry.

     For me , poetry is a way to express my feelings, my emotional response to life.
Writing clears my head, purifies my mind. I write to feel better, to vent. To dream.To emote. Poetry is soothing, invigorating, moving. It creates and defines a world of rich emotion.
    Saying that I am a tiny poet as opposed to someone else, lol) is my way of both embracing my uniqueness and love of words. It is a proclamation of my true self.
     On that note, here are a few poems for today.
Happy writing and reading!








Tiny Poet


she was and is
a poet-
always will be;
it's in her,
the feelings
overwhelming
longing to be expressed;
life is
messy
hard
confusing
cold,
so she used words
to understand
to change
to accept
the things she wants to change
and the things she cannot;
she uses words
like a grace-given superpower
to handle, express
create
life.












She Went




She went forward
trusting
unclear and yet
sure of her safety;
thoughts of the future
she was told
would create her reality,
so why did fear
sit upon her chest like a dragon
breathing fire and ice?
Something inside her wouldn't quit
refused to feel defeat
so she conquered her oppressor
slaying doubt and fear;
in smoky ruins it lay around her
and once again she went forward
toward her destiny
trusting
all was as it should be.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solitude and Wisdom: poetry for now and always

Beginning a new year!

Inspired Words : A Poem of Divine Assistance