Beginning a new year!


Happy New Year!

Things are getting off to a great start. 

Welcome  2019!

I have been thinking about what I want to bring to this year. An openness to whatever comes, an appreciation for moments of beauty. Peace. Joy.

I found a picture that captures that very essence.

I hope the poetry below instills a little of it, too.





Vision

Take your inner vision
Nurture and protect your dreams 
go where they are are nourished;
leave the place where they are not.
Bring sunshine to others
but give it first
to yourself.

Moments

Tiny moments
burst with meaning
full of love and circumstance
time turns voice and physicality
into heartbeat and song
Yet
I embrace the moment for the beauty it holds
Its promises  and melancholy
Its joyful sweetness to be savored

Thank you for beginning the year  with me. I wish everyone a very happy and peaceful beginning to the new year!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solitude and Wisdom: poetry for now and always

Listening to Self and Writing Poetry