Seeking Wisely: A poem about looking within












The gift is within.

The answer is within.

These words we have heard before, but what do they mean?

To me, they mean that for every obstacle we face, every storm that comes

our way, during every trial, there is something within us that we can access

that will see us through.

This something is always present, deep within us,

and it means we are never alone.

I have had to access this part of myself more often than I would like,

as have we all. As part of our journey, it is part of our story.

And so it is.

In thinking on this, I was inspired to write a poem.

I hope you enjoy!!




To Seek

They say to seek, so I sought.
They say to be open, so I opened my heart.
Then one day I stopped.
There was no joy to be found
even after all my searching and doing.
I felt through all that was surrounding me,
releasing more as time went on.
I moved again and had to stop.
Forced to remove a stumbling block,
I surprised myself  at how easy it was.
Laughter bubbled up at how I had been afraid
of failure yet had been kissed by success;
in my wildest dreams nothing had felt so
flowing and natural.
Where did this supernatural and somehow innate
power come from, if not from within?
I was on fire to know more,
so I began to seek not from outside sources
-nothing stems from the outside-
and in earnest I opened my heart to the wonders within myself.
Thus true love and wisdom began to blossom all around me
everywhere, all the time.
Joy was found.







 
 
 
"Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without."
Buddha
 
 
 
 
 
"Everything you'll ever need to know is within.
The secrets of the universe are imprinted upon the cells of your body."
Dan Millman
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solitude and Wisdom: poetry for now and always

Beginning a new year!

Listening to Self and Writing Poetry