Body Perfect: A poem on Loving Our Physical Selves




Hi!

Thank you for stopping by!

I have a poem today on the theme of self love, or to be more specific, loving our body.

Honoring the body. Cherishing the body. All important aspects of living a life of

gratitude, peace and understanding. Personally, my journey with this issue has been

difficult at times. It is still a work-in-progress, but recently has become a focus of mine in

a stronger and more meaningful way. I guess you could say that self-love, body-love, is one of my

life lessons. I am now taking more concentrated effort to be loving to my body and

actually express gratitude and awe for the wonder that it is! Our bodies are truly magical and divine!





Here is my poem. I hope you enjoy. I hope you take a moment to consider that your body is perfect,

beautiful. amazing. It too is sacred. It is part of you, part of your journey here. We honor the spiritual,

the nonphysical, all the time. I suddenly realized how the physical, the earthly and material part of

life, is no different. It has made a change in my life for sure. If you can relate, then you know

the place from which this poem stems.  Thank you for sharing in my writing from the heart!!






Me


Awareness has seeped into me
why didn't I feel this before
this knowing of my complete
unity, divinity, sacredness?
I had long revered my nonphysical
aspects; they seemed to me to be
the source and ground of all- yet
I left my body in the dust.
I told myself I knew the truth- what I was
was non-physicality made manifest
for a while.
Slowly, like a hazy dawn,
understanding spread its heavenly light over my
darkness;
the physical part of life, of me,
shines and breathes in the infinite
because that is all there is!
My body is glorious, worthy of the deepest love
and gratitude for all it has given me
on my journey through the stars...
not just my immaterial and eternal self.
Both are divine,
both are Me.
Radiating love and wonder into the cosmos
forever and ever.
Amen.









Comments

  1. Beautiful poem. My favorite part: Slowly, like a hazy dawn,
    understanding spread its heavenly light over my
    darkness;
    the physical part of life, of me,
    shines and breathes in the infinite
    because that is all there is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much ! It makes me happy to know my words
      reach someone. Sometimes I don't publish what I have
      written because I am not sure it is good enough then other times it flows... and nothing feels as good and on purpose as hearing get that your heartfelt words were liked by someone. You encouraged me by your comment, thank you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Solitude and Wisdom: poetry for now and always

Beginning a new year!

Listening to Self and Writing Poetry