Writing, Dreams, Poetry and Life






I have a poem expressing my inner feelings today. I have been considering the dreams I have for my life and how I have taken steps to make them a reality and yet have also been forced to change my plans, create a new plan. Life is full of adventure, and as we learn to listen to our soul I think we embark upon a very personal and exciting journey. I have very high hopes for the new year coming up. What about you? Do you have plans/dreams for yourself or something in the works for 2016?







What of Dreams

Tender dreams slip through my fingers
like a mist they evaporate-
a ghost of a shadow remains;
their image fills my soul with light.
Now in the darkness I feel lost.
Still able to taste their flavor in the wind
feel their anxious-to-be-born-cry upon my skin,
I am face to face with nothingness without my dreams.
I catch  glimpse of hope, a shimmer
my breath quickens
suddenly
I am turning toward a new beginning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solitude and Wisdom: poetry for now and always

Beginning a new year!

Listening to Self and Writing Poetry