Deciding to Shine: A Poem of Quiet Contemplation







     Hello! Thank you for sharing in my poetry today. Recent events and emotions have brought about

this recent poem. I feel that whatever is happening in my life, I need to have some sort of inspiration

around. Something expressing joy and thankfulness, something uplifting. Using quotes, poems, and

books, I have periods (like now!) where I need a boost more than others.

      Reading my favorite authors and writing has become my way to reflect and gain a sense of peace

and perspective. I have been so busy lately with everything but writing and when I finally did get a

chance to sit down, it was like..... YES! But then, so many emotions welled up and tried to come out

that I felt frozen. So, in order to still my thoughts and feelings I focused on one concept. My poem is

about that topic. What do you think my topic is?







Shine 

What does it mean to shine?
I think it means to radiate, sparkle
embrace and express the divine
within yourself.
To cast a light upon the world that
only you can give. 
I want to shine.
I want you to shine.
What if we all decided it was time
to shine, to be the light that we are?
What if, instead of darkness,
truth and beauty reigned alongside peace and glory?
Maybe this world would transform, or
maybe it would disappear
with only love left shining.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solitude and Wisdom: poetry for now and always

Inspired Words : A Poem of Divine Assistance

Beginning a new year!