Loving the person you've become



    Hi! Thank you for stopping by.

    For today's poem I was inspired by a quote. I love a good quote. One that inspires you and makes you smile or sigh in agreement. One that reverberates within your heart long after you have read it.
The quote I found for this week caught my attention because it speaks of inner awareness, self-respect, self-love, appreciation for just being. It is simple yet and profound in it's wisdom. See if it strikes something within you:






           
                          "I love the person I've become, because I fought to become her."
                                                                                                                                  Kaci Diane


    Wow. Can't you just feel the pride and understanding, the awareness, just oozing off the page?
Words like that take my breath away. Do you have a favorite quote, book or song that speaks to you like that? Simply amazing.


     In thinking about this, I was led to reflect upon my own journey. The journey we all take. How I am not the same person who used to be afraid of so many things. Who sees things so differently now.


     Taking up writing has been part of my journey and I am so glad I listened to the urging of my spirit and started to express myself through poetry. It has been life changing in many ways!


     I'll end today's reflection with a poem about this very topic. I hope you enjoy!


     Unencumbered


     I am unencumbered
     released and free
     of my past at last;
     standing upon the solid truth
     of love.
     My eyes are opened to truth-
     I see the path I took
     choices all my own
     led me to where I am;
     my openness to my inner light
     births a new self-designation-
     She who embraces possibilities.
     I feel the pull of yesterday
     seductive and comfortable
     yet my passion for this new Self
     gives me strength to persevere.
     I am new and strong
     giving myself all that I
     feel and know
     is my birthright.
     I shine
     unencumbered.
     
   




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solitude and Wisdom: poetry for now and always

Beginning a new year!

Listening to Self and Writing Poetry