Deserving Joy

 
      

                                                               DESERVING JOY

  


    I deserve joy. I said the words quietly to myself, not out loud. It was a statement, more like an affirmation, really. It felt unnatural and yet I knew it shouldn't feel that way to make a statement about something that should be self-evident. We all deserve joy. That includes me, and it includes you!
    I stepped back after I made the statement to myself about deserving joy. The raw power of the statement rattled me. I wondered why. Didn't I believe I was deserving of joy? Had I even defined joy for myself?
    I needed to get clear on what joy was for me before I could claim the truth that I was worthy of it and see it in my life. After realizing this I took it upon myself to do just that. Define joy for myself. Have you ever done that?
    I began to see that, for me, joy is based on deeper, longer lasting principles. Joy is based on  a sense of gratefulness, a recognition of our good. It is walking through life with enthusiasm and excitement. You have an awareness that all is as it should be and rest in a sense of security as well as hope for the future. This is different than happiness, which is fleeting and often based on swiftly changing circumstances. Did I get that letter in the mail today? How well did my new recipe turn
out? Those type of things. No. Happiness doesn't go as deep as joy. Happiness is skin-deep while joy is soul-deep.


    
     I think today I will think more about deserving joy. How we all do. So often we push away our good by not allowing ourselves to open up to it. I say let's take time to consciously expand the space within us that receives all good things. That is open to joy.
     I wish you a growing sense of joy now and always. Thanks for being a part of my joy as I write from the heart. I'd love it if you'd share your definition of joy and spread the love!

Comments

  1. Kimberly you made so many great point in this blog: Yes, we must define joy for ourselves because it is not always the same for two different people, and YES we do deserve to be joyful. When we embrace our inner joy it will hug us back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I am glad you enjoyed. I agree and love the image of it hugging us back! Happy day!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Solitude and Wisdom: poetry for now and always

Inspired Words : A Poem of Divine Assistance

Beginning a new year!