Writing poetry

Good day to you!




Thank you for stopping by and being a part of my writing world. That's where my heart is lately. Anyway, I have some new poetry for you. I hope you like it!


Updates : I have been submitting my poems to so many places! I have a notebook to keep track. No, it's not digital! It probably should be, but I like the natural feel of handwriting my poems first before I post them or put them in a document. Guess I am just old-fashioned that way. Oh well!
My full-length book of poems I hope to find a publishing home for soon. That is a dream that I have. Wish me luck!


Below are some poems just for you, not for submission to any poetry contests or part of my growing collection for yet another book. I hope you like!


Take time to smell the flowers (not just roses!) this week.
Life is precious. And beauty is everywhere.








Dreams


Leaves
whisper softly
when they fall
Love
lies gently
upon an open heart
but dreams -
oh, dreams -
Dreams
crack open loudly
when abandoned;
Refusing to be ignored
they make a mess
demand attention
and then
take hold of you
all of you
until you
no longer
exist










Sun


The sun shines
when I look at you
even on a cloudy day;
the radiance of your smile
nourishes my soul like sunlight
does the plant
and water does the seed.
Truly there is no darkness
when you are near.
I wonder
where does your source of
radiance
come from?


Comments

  1. Very nice! I hope you're able to find a good publishing company, and when you do let me know as I too have a lot of years over 25 years worth of stuff that I want to share too. Most companies have always asked me for a lot of money to publish my own works. Self-publishing is what was suggested to me, it's something worth looking into!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will let you know! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Solitude and Wisdom: poetry for now and always

Inspired Words : A Poem of Divine Assistance

Beginning a new year!