Poetry Musings






Hello! Welcome to my poetry musings today. I am going to share some new poems that  I hope you will like today.


First, let me say that my poetry is heartfelt and emotional. It comes from my attempt to name and internalize my feelings. I write to better understand things and I have had a year of big changes in my life. We all go through those years.  They help us grow, if nothing else. If I didn't write I am not sure what I would do to get through some things!

I express my joys and sadness as well as hopes and dreams within my poetry. Below are two recent poems.



How

How can I know which way to go
when I have to be practical
logical
responsible
and if I go the way I want to go
then
I lose security and provision
I see nothing inspirational about hunger
at all
so my question again is
what do I do
when my dream
the path I want to take
seems to have closed its doors
and even the windows
in my face





Thankful

I am thankful for this moment
when I can be with you
in silence
and hear your message
of inspiration and possibility;
You make my spirit dream
of a wondrous life
and of my worth;
you radiate peace and healing
into my broken places
and I begin to see
my destiny
in this moment
with you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solitude and Wisdom: poetry for now and always

Beginning a new year!

Listening to Self and Writing Poetry