POETRY OH POETRY

Hello! Thanks for stopping in today! I have been very busy writing and reading... my first non-fiction is in the works and I started a collection  of poetry for a new book of poems to be published in the future. What I am sharing below is a selection of poems I will not put in my book-- they are only to be found here! I hope you enjoy. I welcome comments and ideas. And now for the star of the show..


Know




Do we know each other
really
or have we ceased
to taste, feel and hear each others'
heartbeat and song-
the nights are not a comfort
like they were upon a time once;
perhaps we should grace each other
with love for love's sake
and see where we go
from there








Goodbye




Saying goodbye to the dream I had
left  me feeling alone and vulnerable-
what was I to do without my dream
to guide me, inspire and sustain
I wondered
Now a part of me was gone
 barely a meager offering left to salvage
and I was a stranger
even to myself
saying goodbye
saying hello
to myself




You


Without you the world has no color, no sound, no meaning;
without you do I even exist?
I can't breath-
when I think of life without you
life ceases
freezes and cracks,
shattering the illusion of it all
and truth becomes relevant
for the first time I want to know
truth...
are You the truth?







Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Solitude and Wisdom: poetry for now and always

Beginning a new year!

Listening to Self and Writing Poetry