Moving Poetry

This morning I want to give a shout out to a fellow poet who I came across recently. Her name is Shavonne L Jackson and her book of poetry titled "At Night She Cried" is available now.
I enjoyed this book of poetry for many reasons. It is an honest, fresh and deeply introspective look at life that I found laced with wisdom, grace and honesty. There is no shying away from emotion here!  
To me , the poems reflected self assessment , growth, evolution of a woman's soul. I felt many familiar emotions stirred up within me as I read these poems and I could feel myself pulled along on the journey the author wrote about in her poems. Reading them took me to places I had and still have within me, brought raw emotion to the surface. Isn't that what powerful writing does?
This is a brief blog, but I would rather you go read the poems in this book! Check it out!
Shavonne Jackson                  "At Night She Cried"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solitude and Wisdom: poetry for now and always

Inspired Words : A Poem of Divine Assistance

Beginning a new year!